Production injection molding is used when high production volumes are required. In production injection molding, a durable, high-strength mold is created, usually from tool steel or another durable material. This process makes the mold suitable for tens of thousands of production cycles and hundreds of thousands of pieces output over the mold’s life.
Production molding is a key component for a wide range of industries, for any application where plastic parts are required. These industries include:
- O-rings and gaskets
- Medical containers
- Medical storage equipment
- Low-weight chassis components
- O-rings and gaskets
- Vibration dampeners
- Food and beverage
- Filter components
- Building and construction
- Exterior components that are corrosion-resistant
- Low-weight body components
- Interior cabin components
- Doors, handles and hinges
Why Use Production Injection Molding?
Production molding offers numerous advantages. Once mold production is complete, these benefits will last for the mold’s life span:
- Quick production at any volume: Once the mold has been created, high volumes of parts can be run again and again, at only a few seconds per cycle. Molds can also be created quickly, from other materials, to enable rapid prototyping plastic injection molding, when lower volumes are needed. This allows for fast order turnarounds regardless of quantity or application — from prototyping to production.
- Scalability: The mold can be used for any volume of production run once it has been created. Whether you need a run of a few hundred parts or tens of thousands, plastic mold production allows for that flexibility.
- Suitability for different materials: A production mold will generally be able to accommodate numerous types of plastic materials, such as silicone production molding, ABS and more.
RevPart’s Production Molding Process
1. Get a Quote
We accept orders of any quantity and work with you to create the right mold to keep your costs reasonable. Contact RevPart with your project requirements and plans to discuss how to make injection molds that achieve the best ROI for your project and mold.
2. Build the Mold
RevPart maintains a laser focus on quality for every mold that we manufacture, for any application, from rapid prototyping production through to high-volume runs. Our prototype molds come with a 10,000-shot guarantee — ensuring that they will last beyond the prototyping stage, which enables you to ramp up production.
3. Injection Mold the Parts
Once the mold has been created, your parts are ready to be manufactured. A mold of any type or material, for any purpose — prototyping or production — will undergo the same process: Molten plastic is injected through runners into the mold cavities, where it takes the shape of the cavity, cools and hardens into a finished part. The piece is then ejected and inspected.
Production Molding With RevPart
At RevPart, we are ready to fulfill your plastic injection molding order at any quantity. We never turn away a project for being too small, and can help with the mold production process for even the highest-volume requirements.
Our range of plastic mold production capabilities allows us to create molds for low-volume projects such as rapid prototyping production, providing production-quality parts for prototyping, and iterating through the design and validation stages of development.
With quick-turn capabilities; expertise across industries, applications and materials; and a commitment to quality molds and parts, we are able to help you at all stages of production — quickly and efficiently — eliminating roadblocks and impediments that can occur with other molding shops.
For more information about how we can help you with any volume of injection molding project, contact us today.
How we succeed
At RevPart, customers are our focus. We believe that by putting the customer first and providing excellent customer service the project in turn will be successful.