CNC Turning Services
CNC turning is a machining process where a piece of circular raw stock is mounted on a spindle, rotated at high speed and worked with various tools to add certain features. These features and shapes can include grooves, bevels, rings, slots, radii and internal facets such as threading. The stock is usually fed continuously, allowing for maximum automation and efficiency.
At RevPart, our 5-axis CNC turning services provide great versatility, including perpendicular machining for features such as square faces. In addition, our lathe turning services are ideally suited for all types of production-grade plastics. We offer prototyping machining as well as production-quantity volumes.
The Plastic CNC Turning Process: A Closer Look
CNC turning is typically used for circular parts, or parts that have diameters and rotational symmetry because the process involves rotating a spindle-mounted stock and applying tools to produce a desired feature. This is in contrast to processes such as milling, where a piece is worked while on a milling table.
RevPart’s precision turning services can involve a variety of tools to produce a broad range of features. Our expertise at producing plastic CNC turned components makes our services ideal for quick-turn and low-volume operations such as rapid tooling and prototyping. We work hard to provide the speed and cost efficiency necessary to make these types of projects viable.
In addition to our rapid tooling and prototyping services, we are also a turned parts manufacturer for production-grade and production-quantity orders, meeting your volume needs with the same level of quality and engineering expertise.
Options for CNC Turning Services
Our lathe turning services afford a number of customization and value-add choices. These include:
- Colors: We have various dyes available to give your product a bold look.
- Different finishes: CNC turning is well-known for producing a smooth, high-quality surface that does not often require secondary finishing. However, we are able to add contours and textures to meet any aesthetic or functional need.
- Resin options: We can work with virtually any production-grade plastic — adding strength, hardness and other qualities to rival materials such as metal — while maintaining lower costs and lighter weights.
- Value-added options: From design to assembly, kitting and fulfillment assistance, we offer a host of value-add services that keep more functions under one roof, reduce your vendor management and give you peace of mind.
Benefits of Plastic CNC Turning
CNC turning with plastic materials offers a host of benefits. These include:
- Cost-efficiency: CNC turning is a versatile, widely-used process that offers easy setup, extensive design options, a broad range of plastic material choices and more — all at a cost-efficient price point. By working with a specialist in plastic machining such as RevPart, you gain access to years of experience that allow us to carry out your project as efficiently as possible.
- Fast prototyping: Production-grade prototypes are the most reliable way to gauge the appearance, functionality and quality of a finished part. With plastic CNC turning, you can acquire production-grade plastic prototypes at a fraction of the time and cost it would take to produce a similar level of quality through other processes.
- Competitive advantage: Now you can get to market more quickly than competitors and offer favorable price points using plastic CNC turning. With RevPart’s services, you can produce high-quality, high-strength parts in a fast, cost-effective way.
- Increased capacity and productivity: Automated CNC turning with continuous bar feed provides the fastest possible production speed and productivity, enabling you to produce more parts in less time with less overall resource expenditure.
RevPart is a specialist in CNC machining and turning, providing design assistance, engineering and production expertise that only come from decades of experience. We pride ourselves on building longstanding relationships with clients through exemplary quality and excellent customer service. For more information, get a quote today.
How we succeed
At RevPart, customers are our focus. We believe that by putting the customer first and providing excellent customer service the project in turn will be successful.